Job Title: Financial Accountant
Detailed Job Responsibilities
The financial Accountant will report to the Finance and Administration Manager and will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities
- Producing accurate useful and timely reports for budget holders
- Coordinate the Association travel arrangements for staff and its visitors as required
- Provide support during internal and external audits
- Establish and implement procedures for project financial management, procurement, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts to ensure transparency and good business practices.
- Provide strategic leadership to the UAERA team thorough policies, and procedure manuals.
- Ensuring internal control mechanisms and budget management are observed for purposes of minimizing financial risk
- Develop capacity of team performance and drive for excellence
- Submit to head office financial and narrative reports as required in a timely manner
- Ensure that 100% timesheets are filed on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all staff have completed annual performance appraisals on time
- Working hand in hand with Head of Finance, HR & administration in relation to technical aspects.
- Assist in procurement for all equipment needed for the Secretariat.
- Any other duties as may reasonably require by the E.D.
- Innate problem-solver.
- Time management
- Analytical skills.
- Exceptional leadership.
- Adaptable communication.
- Humble confidence.
- Unwavering professionalism.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration and a graduate of ACCA, CPA
- 5 years’ experience in a busy organisation in the NGO sector
- Knowledge of International reporting standards
- Knowledge of computerized financial management and accounting systems (QuickBooks)
- Good organizational and personal skills
- Financial integrity
- Problem solving and team player
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to: email@example.com . Deadline: 18 th August 2021 at 5:00pm.